According to the National Alliance to End Homelessness, “A Continuum of Care (CoC) is a regional or local planning body that coordinates housing and services funding for homeless families and individuals.” This concept is based on U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development requirements.
The Continuum of Care for Houston, Harris/Fort Bend County serves two main purposes:
- To develop a long-term strategic plan and manage a year-round planning effort that addresses:
○ The identified needs of homeless individuals and households;
○ The availability and accessibility of existing housing and services; and
○ The opportunities for linkages with mainstream housing and services resources.
- To prepare an application of McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act competitive grants.
Posted in: ABOUT THE COALITION